I really do plan to keep these promises so here is the first DIY post. In case this is your first trip to a blog, DIY means Do-It-Yourself. Our kind of DIY will relate to jewelry, clothing, and crafts. Sadly, school has been hectic and I have not had a lot of time to actually make anything that special besides a few art pieces, but this summer I had plenty of time on my hands. I will try my hardest to regurgitate how I made these, with fewer pictures than I would have liked, but for everything I make in the future I will remember to snag photos along the way.
1. Dip Dye Shirts:
This is a shirt I made for myself this summer. I got some inspiration from http://www.lookbook.nu but had no job this summer so I had to get crafty and make my own!
– I went to my local thrift store, one that they have everywhere which is a good one is Goodwill. I found a thin white shirt that was my size.
– I tried on the shirt and marked where I want the sleeves to lay on my shoulders, then just cut em right off!
– For the dye, I went to a local craft store and bought RIT dye in the red color, any color works the same way.
– You mix the instructions on the package of the dye, and I took the bottom of the shirt and rolled it up and clipped it with a hanger
– I mixed the dye in a bucket so I could hang my shirt upside down in the bucket and lay the hanger over the top to rest because it will need to sit for a few hours.
– When it is finally done and you have washed it properly ( by itself in warm water ) it is time to stud!
– I bought my studs from http://www.etsy.com but there are local fabric or craft stores if you are as impatient as I am to get crafting. The studs are up to your own creativity, but I usually go for the collar area, and different studs have different application processes so look on the package they come in.
Here is another one I made when I started selling some of my crafts!
These are so fun to make on rainy days!
**** If you are looking for fashion tips, hair tips, reviews, or just a great sense of where to get started you should check out this blog! She has wonderful ideas:
I am headed home to Houston for the first time in two months this weekend so I cannot wait to have fun and see my family. Keep your eyes pealed for a new post soon!