It’s been a while but hey! Guess what? I moved back to San Antonio! Decorating and organizing a giant place to myself takes quite the time and effort… Finally people are moving back and I am slowly adjusting, but I really couldn’t be happier.
This post is dedicated to a something new, acro. My friend Matt from Houston always talked about how “waaaycoool” it was and I was like well yeah it does look awesome but there’s no way I can do it. So I kinda decided when I came back to San Antonio I would try to start doing it. There’s a lot of people here who do it so I had an area to dive right in. Being like 46% introvert that I am I was a bit too nervous to do it alone. My friend autumn is from Austin and sees acro all over the place as well, so she had displayed some interest.
I woke up from a nap and my room was entirely orange from the sunset and autumn texted me saying yo $5 acro jam lets go!! I felt kinda sick but was like screw it I need to get out of bed its 9 pm. So we went…. It was incredible.
We practiced flying and basing for eachother… We toppled over a lot and I instantly realized this would be like those hard yoga poses I’m not strong enough to do for more than a second, meanwhile I was watching people being balanced on their shoulders and hips.
I felt slightly discouraged until a new friend wanted to base me and try some stuff. I never knew the support of a strong base makes it so much better. Because then we could do stuff like this!!
Then things got real crazy..
It was SO much fun I can’t wait to go back!
IN OTHER NEWS, I get to see nadeen this Friday because its her boyfriend and her boyfriends boyfriends birthday weekend! Eeeep
Hi I know nadeen just posted but I want to put a few events coming up in SATX especially since a few are tomorrow!
– a clockwork orange FILM at the McKnay museum on Austin hwy at 6:30 pm FREE
– the machine project lecture by mark Allen who is an artist from LA and he has a lecture at 6:30 at Trinty University in Northrop hall room 040. Following is a performance art piece and gallery opening in dicke/smith next door
—- I went to a workshop the machine project hosted today and will post all about it soon! It’s quite MACHsyterious
– KICKBALL at brackenridge softball fields at 7 pm! It is free and is an open house type thing for a league so if you are interested in joining the league grab some beer and come play!
– FIRST FRIDAYS all over southtown. Open art galleries, artists houses, craft booths, street buskin, etc. free as always but not if you wanna buy something… Usually around 5-10 pm
– donation yoga: AC power yoga on broadway 4 pm $5 donation
– deer vibes & girl in a coma show! Great local bands playing for free at j&o’s but sorry it is 21+ only.
– print fair at the McKnay museum from 10-5 go get some cool prints for sale!
– farmers market at the pearl brewery! 9-1
– another deer vibes show! This time with sick/sea and island & tigers and it is all ages woohoo! It’s al the 1011
– print fair again from 12-5
– donation yoga: southtown yoga lifts on s. st Mary’s in southtown 6pm and $5 donation.
That’s all for now! Stay groovy
We are just figuring out this whole blog thing so please bare with us, soon we will be having multiple posts per day! However, today I want to share with you this awesome FREE (yes, completely and actually free) event that I went to in downtown, Austin this past weekend.
I have to admit that I was hesitant about coming to this event at first. I have practiced lots of yoga in my life, but Austin’s expert yogis do intimidate me. Looking back on it, I am so glad I ended up going! There couldn’t have been any better way to spend my sunday morning.
The Free Yoga Class was quite different than any other one I had taken before. It was hosted by Wanderlust Live, a local studio off of 4th street close to that huge Frost Bank Owl looking building. The studio is really unique because they host classes with live music. As if yoga wasn’t already relaxing! The concept of this studio came from Wanderlust Festival which is a big Music/Yoga Festival bringing together the master yogis, musicians, chefs, and winemakers.
As if I didn’t feel great already, I got the pleasure of tasting some free samples from Austin’s first acai cafe- Blenders and Bowls! They have delicious fruit bowls with organic fruit, hemp granola, and local honey! The best part is that they’re located inside Wanderlust Live, while also having their colorful truck roaming the streets of Austin!. Make sure to be on the lookout for it!
After eating this bowl of deliciousness, I couldn’t help but walk around the shop for a while. I mean who doesn’t love free people?! Although their clothing is a little out of my price range, I get some great outfit inspirations from them. And it’s okay to splurge sometimes 🙂 Go check out their new August Catalog when you get a chance!
Filed under ATX, Fashion, Nadeen